World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Braking issue

4 posters

Go down

Braking issue Empty Braking issue

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:03 am

hi guys

im wondeirng whether someone can provide a little assistance. im just wondering what you guys have got configured in relation to the sliders within rFactor in relation to the brake. its just that im finding that even pushing the pedal down to the max, i dont seem to have as much stopping power as others - i accept that it could be my driving, in which case im open to any suggestion that might improve slowing down (ive seen in a previous post by Michael about not dropping down in the gears till nearing the apex). i have also tried changing the brake pressue with little affect

any help much appreciated

thanks

Back to top Go down

Braking issue Empty Re: Braking issue

Post  Michael Pitschmann Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 am

Most times it depends on setup and driving style.

In the fact that I always start with 45 kg into the quali and race 1 my braking balance is a bit more to the back (47:53), without extra weight I use 50:50, on that way I have more control into the corner. Because my setup has much understeer I need this setting on the brake. Brake pressure is always 100%.

And the shortest braking way you have on the straight. If you turn into a corner with braking you braking way is much longer, thats the reason why Im always early on the brake and throttle early out.
Michael Pitschmann
Michael Pitschmann
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

http://www.team-firestorm.net/

Back to top Go down

Braking issue Empty Re:Braking issue

Post  Alan Mead Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 am

As mike said chris depends on ur setup, what u need to do is stop t he front of the car dipping under braking cos that means a lot of weight is being transfered to the front wheels which can lengthen braking distance or cause rear wheel lockup or at worst snap oversteer. So u need a hard front springs to stop the front dipping. I use a soft front suspention so use harder damper setting.
I sometimes use a 50/50,on circuits with a fast braking area like Rockingham i use a 52:48.
Are you sure your wheels not locking up, can feel like your brakes not worrking properly, check ur replays.
But above all m8 its all about time and practice,no easy way around it.
Alan Mead
Alan Mead
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Bateman Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:25 pm

I spent quite a while playing with the sensitvity levels of the brakes in the logitech profiler and in game, i found i was locking the wheels a lot under heavy braking, so i tried braking ealier and not so hard but did no good, so i lowered the sensitivity in profiler down to about 15 and did the same in the game settings, as mike said now i always have 100% brake pressure, with lower sensitivity it helps stop the wheels locking when braking hard and with the right brake balance you can brake later.

Mike pointed out about braking early and power out early, that works on some corners really well, on some corners you can brake late, almost to the apex and then power on brakes off, balancing the car through the corner with both brake and throttle, there are some fast corners where instead of lifting off the gas then back on the gas i keep my foot in and drag the brake, braking is so important to get right, not just for slowing the car but for balancing the car.

Just try lowering sesitivity and playing with brake balance on 100% pressure, also play with brake balance like you see the F1 drivers do, adjust for heavy and light braking during a lap.
Neil Bateman
Neil Bateman
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Chris, what pedals do you have and have you checked they are calibrated to register 100% force?
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:29 pm

thanks for the resposes guys, i shall try some of the suggestions and see where i get to.

Matt, i have Thrustmaster T500RS pedals and wheel, it shows up as full in the Windows config, and also within rFactor, i have often wondered whether i could change the reading within rFactor so that i dont have to ram to pedal through the bottom of the base for full brake force, but havent found it yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down