World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi there everyone

2 posters

Go down

Hi there everyone Empty Hi there everyone

Post  Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:26 am

Hi there,

I'm Chris, I'm 33 and from Manchester. I work for a stockbroker, but dabble with games programming and DirectX in my spare time with a view to eventually switching careers.
I've been simracing for around 7 years, mostly with Live For Speed, rFactor, Race 2007 and also a little iRacing when I can get a cheap deal on a few months' membership. I stumbled upon this site as a result of a Facebook post from Chris English (who's one of your new-ish members); I used to race with him as part of the Syncro racing online commuinity, where we'd race rFactor, Race 2007 and most of the other SimBin games.

I've not raced online 'in anger' for about 2 years, due to having a son and realising that I didn't really have time for it anymore but he's a little more grown up now (3 years old) so I'm starting to have more time in the evenings and want to get back into racing.
I've also dabbled in creating tracks for rFactor; I have a half-finished WIP of Cadwell on Racesimcentral and promise I'll eventually get round to finishing it/updating it for one of the more modern sims. Embarassed

MASSIVELY looking forward to Assetto Corsa and to a lesser extent Project CARS, and hope there'll be some racing for them here once they get going.

Back to top Go down

Hi there everyone Empty Re: Hi there everyone

Post  Chris English Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:34 am

Ah nice to see you Chris! Smile

Chris English
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:17 am

Hi Chris, welcome.

Fully understand the lack of time thing with young family. Its when they wake up mid race that's the most frustrating!! Cool
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:09 pm

I've got the wife to help, but we generally disagree over whether my racing is more or less interruptable than her watching Poirot.. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Chris Sugg wrote:I've got the wife to help, but we generally disagree over whether my racing is more or less interruptable than her watching Poirot.. Laughing

Your not alone on that one either mate, only its usually some crime or medical drama shite she watches Wink

Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:50 am

Hi there everyone 7i49

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content