World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Warping

3 posters

Go down

Server Warping Empty Server Warping

Post  Matt Lewis Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Over the last few events weve had a few issues with cars warping and momentarily dissapearing from view.

Brandon has most non-essential things turned off on the server for the racing but we still seem to have issues. I'm no expert but with the larger grid sizes feel we need to try and resolve for everyones benefit.

A bit of google research suggest that the main issue could be is our personal connection to the server which enables the server to recieve and send the packets. The moment this gets disrupted we suffer packetloss. one packet of information lost can lead to warping or other issues (cars in the tarmack for example)

But its also about the accumulative of the connections, one or two bad ones in a grid can have serious effects on 1]everyone or 2] only a few induviduals whome suffer from that bad connection vs the server vs them, and this could even be the guy with the best ping messing things up for someone suffering from warping.

If we have any server experts with opinion then please feel free to add suggestion, in the meantime would like to know who has had the warping/disapearing car issues or anyone that is running fine.

The other thing if you all wouldn't mind test is your own ping and packet loss rates via http://pingtest.net/ On the UK servers i'm getting 0% packet loss and grade A rating
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Server Warping Empty Re: Server Warping

Post  Simon Ward Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:34 pm

I was going to suggest that it might be me seen as Im on of the newest, and that I only have backwards village 1.3MB internet but ive just ping tested and im at 0% loss grade A from Maidenhead so I dont know now.

Server Warping 54142574
Simon Ward
Simon Ward
Safety car driver
Safety car driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Mead Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Just tested mine and all seems ok.

[img]Server Warping 54149406 [/img]
Alan Mead
Alan Mead
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Not quite so good here, but still acceptable, not had any ping issues that I'm aware of.

Server Warping 54171265

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Server Warping 54176343

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Server Warping 54180899

Back to top Go down

Server Warping Empty warping

Post  Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:36 am

Server Warping 54209044

i might just add the last race may have been me causing some issues as i was using a wirless network adapter but so my apologies if it was me

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Ward Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:22 pm

One way to kinda find out if its a person or just x number of persons using hamachi is to take out a hour before a race or a different day and all connect mock test a race and see if it happens drop out one by one see if it stops? also are there people online on the hamachi but not racing while we are? maybe ask them to kindly not be and see if thats an issue aswell. I did a little googling and found a post of some dude helping another dude with a multiplayer.ini that seemed to work for him maybe give check see if it works for the wsvr server. Link > http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2593203/1.html
Simon Ward
Simon Ward
Safety car driver
Safety car driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Ok, heres my test, will also post the servers in a bit when somone is presenting.

Server Warping 54219596

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Alreaqdy did that Simon, when we first initialy set it up, copied it and changed details to our name and password. Thanks for researching though, much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Here's mine,
Server Warping 54233581

However I didn't race last year so I am out of that count Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Heres the server's:

I got the same result when turning everything off and having everything on. It actually beats my PC!..ping wise and jitter wise!

Server Warping 54249761

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down