World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello guys!

3 posters

Go down

Hello guys! Empty Hello guys!

Post  Calvin Hermse Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:32 am

Hi everyone,
My name is Calvin Hermse, 17 years old at moment of writing (Turning 18 next month, hurray) and I'd like to join this community. Joshua Anderson has brought me here. I saw in another topic that having someone who brought you here could help, as the registering option has been disabled.

I've been simracing for only a few years. I had very little experience with a steering wheel when I started: I only touched the wheel once a year in an amusement park to battle with my brother and dad in the arcadey machines.
In 2011, I started racing in RFactor, in a league called WCS (Which is now dead, and the website's offline), after meeting someone in a random RFactor room. Although that was by far not the cleanest league in the world, I've enjoyed it there and even managed to get an award.

In 2013, I joined GPVWC. I started out in the bottom tier, and worked my way up with connections. I ranked up a few top 10 finishes, and in 2014 I'm starting in the top tier, which I'm very happy with.

I'll be honest: I'm not an alien, nor do I intend to be. However, I like to think I'm good with setups, and with me it's all about fair play. As an example of that, I know plenty of people claim that, so, as proof that I actually am that way on the racetrack, I'd like to present you with this video, which is from the Supercup race in Monza. I'm in the rear car. (I've set the correct time in the video already, if that malfunctions: 54:58)

So in conclusion, I'd like to join this community. I hope you accept me into it. :-)

Calvin Hermse

Back to top Go down

Hello guys! Empty Re: Hello guys!

Post  Joshua Anderson Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:26 am

I've raced with Calvin in various leagues and he is a really nice guy. As he says, he's not the quickest, but I think that video he posted is proof enough that he's a fair guy Smile

Welcome to WSVR Calvin. Smile

Joshua Anderson
Backmarker
Backmarker

Back to top Go down

Hello guys! Empty Re: Hello guys!

Post  Matt Lewis Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:13 am

Calvin you should be able to register, try again
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin