World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Mead New Member

2 posters

Go down

Alan Mead New Member Empty Alan Mead New Member

Post  Alan Mead Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi there as u can gather my name is Alan, joined a couple of days a go. I have been sim racing for a few years now.
Started for me with Geff Gramans F1GP back in the 1990s and since then have been a few more. One of my big faves was Grand Prix Legends, still have it and runs nice on win 7.

Anyway have been a member of EAO Outlaws since 2009, they are a great bunch of guys to race with, will do anything to help. They are based in Australia and race the Ausie V8s which are a hand full but still fun.
Don't race there much now because of the time difference between the UK and Australia.

Also been a member of Simraceway since 2008, mostly for fun and nothing serious. Another good bunch, all genre of racing.
I am 50 yrs old, mostly race for the enjoyment, not very fast these days cos the old reflexes not what they used to be like. Like F1 and the BTCC at the moment but will watch other types of racing.

I hope this gives u a small insight of who i am and hope to have some good racing with u all.
Alan Mead
Alan Mead
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Alan Mead New Member Empty Re: Alan Mead New Member

Post  Matt Lewis Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:13 am

Hi Alan,

Welcome on-board. Although were a few races into our first season you can still hop in and join in the racing. Most of us share the same background as you and were all here because we enjoy racing and want to have fun from it above all else. Sure some of us may be competitive once on track but honestly as long as were racing it doesn't matter if were fighting for the win or position further down the field.

You like BTCC so our race formats and scoring systems should be familiar. Very Happy

Feel free to download the mod, browse the forum and ask any questions you want. In particular test our server connection which for now we use Hamachi secure VPN, rather than the normal direct route in Rfactor. All the info is here somewhere but shout if stuck. We also have a facebook group if you want to join that...some discussions and general sillyness takes place there.

Our next race is the 28th so hopefully see you there.
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Welcome Alan!

Hope to see you online sometime soon Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Well raced last night Alan.. a few good quality battles in those races. The championship ballast really hurt me in race one off the grid but your first win in that opening round was well deserved
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alan Mead New Member Empty First Race

Post  Alan Mead Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi matt, really enjoyed my first race with u guys last night. I know what u mean by the ballast as it took me by supprise into turn 3 and i overshot.
Hope thw next few races are as good and the thing i liked about last night was the fact i bumped u of and u never complaine afterwards which was a supprise after being on other online leagues.
Anyway thank u guys again for an enjoyable night and look forward to the next race.
Could lastnights win been down to the newbies luck, hoping not.

Alan
Alan Mead
Alan Mead
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:35 pm

In close tin top racing there will always be a little bit of contact... but unless its malicious which is rare then its no problem. Were all grown ups here so that helps Wink
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down