World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helloooooo!

2 posters

Go down

Helloooooo! Empty Helloooooo!

Post  Chris English Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Afternoon all,

Stumbled across this website after a post by one of your members at F1 Classic and liked the look of your touring car mod so figured I'd have a sign up and join in. Smile

I'm Chris, a 24 year old graduate from near Newcastle. Just finished a degree at Nottingham Trent Uni in Computer Systems, now looking for a job back up North (move back up north next weekend). I'm a massive touring car fan, watching the BTCC in ITV4 as I type this, so figured coming here may help me get some of the touring car racing I crave.

I used to be part of a racing community known as Syncro Racing where I organised touring car based championships, highlight being two very successful British Touring Car based championships using RACE07+STCC. Unfortunately interest was lost in the old sim by this point last year, and everybody pretty much disappeared (mostly due to one particular large sim community which will remain nameless Evil or Very Mad ). So now I race wherever I can that isn't the above nameless sim community. Recently joined AnE Racing where I am in 2nd place in their rFactor 2 Megane championship, but still craving some touring car goodness so have now arrived here too. Smile

I'm very much a Front wheel drive person and only recently figured out how to go fast in RWD mostly thanks to rFactor 2 not having a single FWD car in it yet! Always have my FWD cars set up to be very tail happy - just fits my style.

Won't be around fully for about another week and a half (PC has already gone back up north) - then hopefully will be able to join in. Very Happy

Chris English
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Helloooooo! Empty Re: Helloooooo!

Post  Matt Lewis Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi Chris, welcome to the group and thanks for the intro Smile

Hopefully you will be set up in time for our last round of the current season in the current cars before we switch to the BTCC mod for the next season.

Next race is in 2 weeks, details will be on the forum shortly and on the Facebook page.

Look forward to seeing you out on track
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris English Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks Matt Smile

Should be around for the last race, love Knockhill too!

Is there any specific way to enter such as choosing a car? Or do I just turn up?

Chris English
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:17 pm

Welcome Chris, all you need to do is choose the car you want to race with and stick with it until the end of the season (which is in 1 race anyhow!).
Regards Graham

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Chris,

Just download the Super Touring v1.1 mod, any car is fine. Then just join server on the night. Server details are here in the forum.
https://wsvr.forumotion.co.uk/t66-super-touring-v11
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum