World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physics Transplant?

2 posters

Go down

Physics Transplant? Empty Physics Transplant?

Post  Todd Black Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:26 am

howdy!
ive got a little project going at the moment, and ive come up against a brick wall. essentially what i want to do is make a nascar trucks series mod, handle like n Audi R8 GT3 (for personal use of course ) so far ive been avble to change the .tbc, pm and the .hdv file and ive made the thing steer really sharp and pointy like the audi is, but the problem is when you enter the corner, staight away you loose the back end and its all over, quite frustation because i cant figure it out. i guess the question really is, is there someway just to transfer the model onto the audi programing?

TIA
Todd Black
Todd Black
Race crew
Race crew

https://www.facebook.com/SRDesgins

Back to top Go down

Physics Transplant? Empty Re: Physics Transplant?

Post  Matt Lewis Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:58 am

Did you copy the physics files across and edit the .veh to point to them or replace the contents of the physics file?
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Black Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:51 pm

ive copied segments from one into another, mainly just the suspension segments in the hdv and pm, and adjusted the front and rear track and front and rear wheelbase to =0, and adjusted the graphical offset so it had a body height that i liked. i had done something similar with a gt mod last week, i had 2 mods both with an alpina b6, one looked better than the other, and the other handled better, and i managed to get that working and handling just like it should, but i think i fluked it haha, might have also helped that it was the same model perhaps
Todd Black
Todd Black
Race crew
Race crew

https://www.facebook.com/SRDesgins

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:22 pm

try just copying the tbc,pm,hdv and any engine/gearbox files from the mod into the one you want to change, then edit the .veh file on the HDV line to point to the new file.

If it feels better, then worry about your graphics offset
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum