World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF1 BTCC 2015 - Round 2 Oulton Park

+9
Kris Vickers
Ron Squire
Joshua Anderson
Elliot Faggetter
Alan Mead
Chris English
James Kirk
Djuro Vukasovic Djuka
Matt Lewis
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RF1 BTCC 2015 - Round 2 Oulton Park - Page 2 Empty Re: RF1 BTCC 2015 - Round 2 Oulton Park

Post  Matthew Allington Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:12 pm

What a lovely event! Thanks to everyone, but big props in particular for the admins (because they've put together all of this awesome stuff) and Chris (for the setup)! Very Happy

Quali - POLE! cheers Life was made harder by the lack of a certain 100m board but I managed to hold it together on my best lap Smile

Race 1 - Great start and started to pull a nice little gap to Chris and James... then a wild backmarker appeared! pale Remained calm and made as best a recovery as I could - Jim didn't help me there, but it was a lovely fight Wink Finished 5th in the end so I got some nice points on the board.

Race 2 - A really nice start, up to third almost immediately, but then I got bumped off into Cascades... then I only have myself to blame for the utterly appalling rejoin, I'm fully expecting a redzone penalty for that, so sorry... pale A somewhat more fired-up me proceeded to charge through the field and came out best in an extraordinary fight for 7th! Cool

Race 3 - Front-row on the reversed grid was nice, but Mike passed me into Cascades. He proceeded to brake too deep into the hairpin and let be back past, then Andy made a mistake through Knickerbrook and I was through into the lead! Very Happy Banged in a series of 1:14 laps and left the others behind in their own battles (or lack thereof in Mike's case Razz ) ...and I won! cheers

Brilliant feeling to have got my first-ever pole in simracing and (eventually!) follow it up with my first win in a circuit-based league event, and at my local track of all places! Hopefully I'll be able to join you guys next time Wink

Matthew Allington
Safety car driver
Safety car driver

Back to top Go down

RF1 BTCC 2015 - Round 2 Oulton Park - Page 2 Empty Re: RF1 BTCC 2015 - Round 2 Oulton Park

Post  Thomas Hinss Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Well that was a bit of a flat round for me, just couldn't put together top ten results.

Q: The 40kg of weight really made a difference here. Qualified 14th I think it was, just couldn't put a lap together with the weight making the car quite painful to drive.

R1: Again with weight just wasn't able to make progress up the field. Managed to at least move up a couple of positions by races end, but 12th was all I could get.

R2: Well with no weight the car felt good again, unfortunately just wasn't able to move through the field. Got into battles that lasted longer than planned, being just one of those races where it didn't really work. Held station for 12th in the end so points at least.

R3: Well got a okay start and then completely by accident tapped Hahn at the end of lap one. Thankfully he didn't spin or lose any positions, but with me just lifting for a moment it allowed the pack behind to gain on me, dropping me back a few spots. This then lead to me being stuck behind the Bell train for most of the race Sad . In the end though it was actually a really quite awesome battle so thanks to Mike and also Christian Russell (who also was amongst the battle) for making it as fun as it was Smile.

Unfortunetly with only a few laps to go I got tagged going into the hairpin, losing me a handful of seconds. I know it was an accident so no hard feelings, just a racing incident Smile. Anyway got back on track and brought it home, ending up 13th.

All in all a disappointing round, just lacking the pace to be at the front. At the very least the consistency of results from round one continued here, albeit further down the order. Looking forward to the next round, hope to see you all there Smile

Thomas Hinss
Race crew
Race crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Love to see these post race comments and great to see some positive experiences...remember this is more a race community not a an all out competition to win like other leagues many of you have also experienced.

I missed qual due to family commitments so was always on the back foot. Dragged it up to 14th in race 1 but gap was too much to close any more places. Race 2 was good, got as high as 5th and was trading ties with Kris before a mistake in the chicane dropped me to 12th. Its that close that one mistake can cost dearly. Ended 10th with a chance of the reverse grid but didn't come off.

Race 3 must apologise to Dene. Caught him on the rear corner in the chicane and spun him when we were both in good positions. dropped back...great battle with Dan and Jim including 3 wide into turn one.

Not great results overall, expected given lack of track time and frustrating as my best possible sector times would have place me in the top 5.....just could not string them together consistently.
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Barker Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:15 pm

Sry Kris, and anyone else that I hit due to loads of lag, seem to happen when there are a few more than normal on the server, more than 18 and I always seem to have problems.

Race 2 was the same even after winding up my graphics so decided reluctantly to pull out of the event, tried to watch a few others before leaving the game but that was laggy too

May invest in a new processor (which I think is the problem) & motherboard because rf2 runs shit too!

Any suggestions to improve my connection would be great Smile
Tony Barker
Tony Barker
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

http://www.rfactoruk.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris English Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:09 pm

Tony Barker wrote:Sry Kris, and anyone else that I hit due to loads of lag, seem to happen when there are a few more than normal on the server, more than 18 and I always seem to have problems.

Race 2  was the same even after winding up my graphics so decided reluctantly to pull out of the event, tried to watch a few others before leaving the game but that was laggy too

May invest in a new processor (which I think is the problem) & motherboard because rf2 runs shit too!

Any suggestions to improve my connection would be great Smile
Try opening your multiplayer.ini in your UserData\Tony Barker\ folder and change these lines to these values

Upstream Rated KBPS="14" // Rated uploading speed of connection, in kilobits per second
Downstream Rated KBPS="180" // Rated downloading speed of connection, in kilobits per second

Fixed the lag on my crappy internet connection. Although if you think it's CPU related then time to spend some money! Smile

Chris English
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2