World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Race

+14
Andy Horton
Matthew Allington
Djuro Vukasovic Djuka
Ron Squire
Max Spooner
James Kirk
Tony Barker
Michael Pitschmann
Kris Vickers
Rob Mason
Chris English
Thomas Hinss
Matt Lewis
Adam Rasner
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

After Race - Page 2 Empty Re: After Race

Post  Chris English Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:28 pm

D. Hahn wrote:
r2: again good start could hold mike back a little longer but still suffering during wheel to wheel racing, minor mistake in the last corner had me to look behind and fight off allington.
miscounted the laps and went of the throttle after the seconde to last lap, lost P2 and 3 to Allington and Chris E, well Chris decided to let me through again, possibly to avoid a heavy load. P3 somewhat lucky but still okay.

Yep I didn't fancy the P3 weight for R3 on reverse grid. I'd take 10kg over 30kg every time!

Quali - Absolutely nothing I could do with 50kg onboard, car was so slow just about everywhere. P11 (i think?)

Race 1 - Again, very little I could do, but got lucky due to people falling off and managed 8th place, had a decent battle with Tom for a while, but in the end dropped back due to weight.

Race 2 - Car felt much better, the Bell train was in action and I just picked people off. Found myself as high as 3rd, but as I said above, I didn't fancy lots of weight on a reverse grid, so played tactics and finished 5th. I might have also accidentally wiped my team mate out after going airbourne over the sausage kerbs.... Oops! So not expecting to keep this 5th place. Embarassed

Race 3 - Dropping back in race 2 was justified, especially as it meant I could avoid T1 pile up. Kept pressure on Roy until the end, but I think the 10kg made the difference between a win and a 2nd.

Chris English
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Dene Manasiev Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:19 pm

Donington party

RACE1 - start light did not show up and then connection lost, havent lost connection for 4 months now, i gues this was the perfect "lucky" moment scratch
RACE2 - great start from behind but someone kicked me out of the track in turn 1. struggled to get 9th place
RACE3 - good start from the begining, tryed to keep the pace in first couple of laps till tyres get right temp, then i try to make some gap on C. English, Daniel H. and M. Lewis, becouse i knew that in last couple of laps they gonna attack strong. that did not finish as i expected tyres gone to bad in last 2 laps. Had a fantastic duels with English as i expected and then in last lap i've losed 2th place taken by Daniel H.

Could not expect more in this strong competition, pleased with 3th place After Race - Page 2 1509004793
Dene Manasiev
Dene Manasiev
Backmarker
Backmarker

Back to top Go down

After Race - Page 2 Empty after race.

Post  ShaneBurke Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:56 am

For my first race here it was great fun! Qualifying was shockingly bad for me yet I don't know why :/ , race 1 was good! Sorry Jim for the thumb which sent you off as it was my fault completely.

Race 2 was much better as I was closing in on Jim for 2nd but on the 2nd last lap into the chicane I so very almost ploughed him again! I JUST missed him by inches. I don't know how I missed my braking point.. So cruised home to 3rd Very Happy

Race 3 was good! until last lap at the chicane Neutral but its racing. It happens.

so overall great fun! Very Happy although my volvo feels slow as **** in a straight line Razz so i reaaaallly had to drive the boll** out of it What a Face
ShaneBurke
ShaneBurke
Race crew
Race crew

http://www.ShaneBurkeracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris English Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Quali with the 50kg in hurt a fair bit, but I was able to get a clean lap in eventually and got 4th on the grid.

Race 1 was fairly easy considering the weight on the car until the last 3 laps when all pace dropped from the car. Had a great fight with Jim, Shane, Matt A and Kris. Had to defend like hell on the last lap after a mistake coming out of the chicane, I knew if I could keep the inside line I had the chance of holding on as long as I didn't bugger up the chicane. Luckily it worked!

Race 2 I had a good start and first few laps the car felt good, but from lap 4 onwards I suffered from a huge amount of understeer lapping 1.5seconds off my normal pace and 1 second off my 50kg pace for most of the race, it was difficult to bring it home in 7th I had many off track excursions.

Race 3 I made some fairly drastic setup changes on the front end and with the diff so it was an unknown what I'd have to play with, I didn't have a good start and the car felt awful for the first 2 or 3 laps I thought it was going to be a long race of going backwards again. Luckily the car came alive on lap 4 and I could push on, it did whatever I asked it to do and I had a great fight with Dene for the win, unfortunately for Dene his tyres went off towards the end and I managed to make a pass stick (after overtaking and falling back a few times previously), I managed to get past just as Dan was approaching. I did make an error coming out of the last chicane which let Dan alongside me on the pit straight, but I just had enough speed to get the win.

Overall some good racing, I didn't notice or hear of anyone complaining about driving standards which is nice. The battles I was in involved some rubbing and some bump drafting but nothing untoward. Smile

Chris English
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:26 pm

After struggling to break a 1:10.6 all week, was surprised to grab 3rd on the grid, especially as I wasn't feeling too great on the night. Brake balance was the only change I made. Times were very close though.

Race 1 - Was able keep up with Tony and Mats for first 6 laps, then started to make some mistakes and dropped back. Was reasonably safe in third after initial pressure from my team-mate in the first few laps.

Race 2 - Good start but nowhere to go, got a nudge from behind but still emerged 3rd somehow. Dropped back with the extra weight though, missing brake points etc. got a rear wheel on the grass on the exit of Coppice and had a mega slide which I just about managed to keep hold of but lost so much speed, I dropped to 10th. Benefited from issues ahead to make up some places, was gifted two spot on the last two corers of the last lap, (thanks Kris and Chris Very Happy )

Race 3 - third on reverse grid, again good start but no clear way through, managed to put some pressure on Dene for a couple of laps but then over drove it and lost places running wide, by the time I'd given myself a kick, it was a reasonably clear run to the end in fourth and couldn't close on the fun ahead in the lead battle.

Not the best of season for me result wise so far this time out...but the racing is as good as ever.
After Race - Page 2 3133806021
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Pitschmann Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Damn it, how I missed that... Great evening, 3 great races, still just need to know how to setup these cars that they suit me perfect.

R1: Think Dene was it who breaks very late into turn 1, gaves Dan a tap, overall luck for me that all drivers in front of me had contacts, only Mats was to fast for me. I just saved my tires as long as possible with out being slower as the pack behind me around Tony, Roy, Matt and so on. Second place, good job Smile

R2: Cracking race again, had a good start, got pushed in turn 1, found myself on 4 or 5th, behind Tony and Matt. Then it happens (my point of view):
Little lag at the exit of the chicane, look slike Matt taps Tony and Tony tries not to spin, Matt brakes and got sideways too, no chance for me to avoid contact. After that my front end was totally broken, understeer all race long, no chance to catch Mats, Dan overtook me too. So the Safety Car helped me a lot, had to work hard on my tires to stay in front of Roy and Jim after the restart. Third place, podium again Smile

R3: Good start from P9, got pushed again in turn 1, after some Laps Mats gets me, after that I had to defend all night long against Dan, sometimes we did a complete lap side by side. Great racing, worth to do a nightshift Smile Need a shower now, Thanks Dan for that battle! Still worth to fight with you, even if we race together for 5 years now  in different Games!

Hopefully back next week.
Michael Pitschmann
Michael Pitschmann
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

http://www.team-firestorm.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Hahn Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:27 pm

no good evening at all for me making stupid mistakes

duel with mike stands out

thats what i race for

D. Hahn
Backmarker
Backmarker

Back to top Go down

After Race - Page 2 Empty dang

Post  ShaneBurke Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:10 pm

Sorry i missed the race :/ the right motor on my G27 gave up :/ So have a fantec but its missing wires :/ so ill be there for next round!
ShaneBurke
ShaneBurke
Race crew
Race crew

http://www.ShaneBurkeracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:50 pm

D. Hahn wrote:no good evening at all for me making stupid mistakes

duel with mike stands out

thats what i race for

What happened race 1 Dan, saw you heading for pits?
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Hahn Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:20 am

jumpstart

D. Hahn
Backmarker
Backmarker

Back to top Go down