World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Race

+14
Andy Horton
Matthew Allington
Djuro Vukasovic Djuka
Ron Squire
Max Spooner
James Kirk
Tony Barker
Michael Pitschmann
Kris Vickers
Rob Mason
Chris English
Thomas Hinss
Matt Lewis
Adam Rasner
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

After Race Empty After Race

Post  Adam Rasner Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Thank you for races. It was good. Sorry for some hits, sometimes i have lags. But i enjoy on next race. Bye
Adam Rasner
Adam Rasner
Race crew
Race crew

Back to top Go down

After Race Empty Re: After Race

Post  Matt Lewis Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:41 pm

quite a few people suffered some lag last night. Will look at server settings but think it was mostly user end.

Good racing, bit of bumping all round... nothing the stewards can't sort. Race 1 was a disaster as took out on lap one but good to see new faces.
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Hinss Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 pm

Well a solid start to my WSVR career Very Happy

Q: Surprised myself big time here, usually qualifying is my weakest link, but was elated to be 3rd on the grid Very Happy

R1: Well got off to a bit of a bad start, then got a tap in the back into turn one. Tried my best to save it but unfortunately couldn't. I know there probably wasn't much I could do to avoid it but I do feel very bad for the massive crash that followed, so I'm very sorry for it and the damage it caused to those it affected. It was completely unintentional. Anyway was back to about 15th after the crash and somehow didn't have any real major damage. So just plugged away at it for the rest of the race, staying clear of incidents and passing others to get back into the top 10. By races end I found myself in 5th, which considering how the race began for me I was very happy with Smile

R2: A much tamer experience compared to race one. Got a decent start and pretty much held position. Climbed a spot up to 4th and preceded to tag onto the back of Roy for the first half or so of the race. Tried to overtake for the podium but just wasn't quite quick enough to make a pass. Eventually he managed to gap me slightly and so the latter half of the race was just about keeping my pace consistent and staying on track. Was very happy to get 4th Smile

R3: The good old reverse grid race, always makes things interesting Smile. Started 7th on the grid and fell down a few spots in the opening laps, mostly due to being slightly too cautious I suspect. Kept the car on track in the pack and had some good battles with guys around me Smile. Slowly moved up the order and found myself in 7th in the closing stages of the race. On the final lap the two cars ahead of me were battling and went wide through turn one, giving me the chance to gain positions. Managed to go up the inside into Druids to get a double overtake to move to 5th which I was very pleased with Smile. Held off the guys behind for the rest of the lap to get 5th again Smile

All in all it was a very enjoyable experience, certainly much better results than I expected from my first event in WSVR Very Happy. Big thanks to Josh for giving me a seat in his team for this series, I think it'll be one I will have an absolute blast racing in Smile. Hopefully I was good to battle with on track, can't wait for the next round to begin Very Happy

Thomas Hinss
Race crew
Race crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris English Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:53 pm

Race 1 - I had lag but didn't know it. Took out Alan and Max. On my screen they were clean moves, until I looked in my mirror and saw them spinning off. So retired.

Race 2 - Started 20th finished 6th. Had an incident with Jim, I was clean past him there was a slight rub of my rear bumper to his front (from my view), normally nothing would have come of it, but I saw Jim spinning off to the left. Absolutely nothing I could do about that when normally that wouldn't happen. Sad

Race 3 - Started towards the front, a great start and eventually past Andy and Chris B for the win! A better end to my night. Although the race 1 DNF means I've already started the season badly. Sad

Chris English
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mason Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Great start to my season.

Didnt expect the pole, especially as i was a few tenths off my pb, but i'm not complaining Wink

Race 1 i didnt get a clean start and Chris got past. Unfortunately his lag started as we went side by side towards clearways and a bit of contact ended what could of been another fantastic fight early Sad From then on i just focused on hitting my marks and keeping the gap, helped by a few mistakes by others. Started playing with driving style to keep tyre temps down ready for weight!

Race 2 was a lights to flag victory, fully expected Tony to stay with me with the extra weight but i managed to build a gap then just hold it while keeping the tyres in check. 50kg probably made a couple of tenths difference over this track as i couldnt quite get down to Chris' fastest lap.

Race 3, typical top 10 reverse Razz Wanted to keep out of trouble and just pick off places. Was a bit quicker than Tony to the apex but couldnt get alongside enough, had one sideways pass that Tony thankfully saw coming, then backed out of a pass into T1 as it was going to work with us both aiming for the apex. Got a bit messy a few laps later at Clearways then I got Plato-d by Tony at T1 which was a sad way to end the night, but happy with two wins cheers

Shame i wont make every race but i'll give it a go Laughing

Rob Mason
Seasoned campaigner
Seasoned campaigner

Back to top Go down

Post  James Kirk Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Another 'what could have been' event which seems to plague my career wherever I go.

Q - I can't do S1, 4th on the grid maximum I could do.

R1 - Two rookie mistakes from me, a clear sign of rustiness given that I haven't driven competitively for 2 months or so now. 4th was good, 2nd would have been much better.

R2 - Tech issues destroyed my race from a very comfortable P3 with both the weight troubled Tony and Rob in my sights. A win was certainly on the cards so a major blow to be forced into retirement.

R3 - Mega start from P18 up the order and a nice steady ascent upwards after! Was really happy until Spooner left me no room into Graham Hill bend and I was forced wide; I tried a comeback move after but ended up going wide. As I said on TS, I won't report since it was rude rather than race ending, but 'finding space' is difficult when you've got half a car on the circuit! Wink Anyway, that spin saw me out of the top ten, so I managed to Rambo it back up to 10th.

Outside the top ten is a poor start for me when I really should be up with the top guys. Hoping Oulton Park brings me better luck.
James Kirk
James Kirk
Safety car driver
Safety car driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:57 pm

James Kirk wrote:Another 'what could have been' event which seems to plague my career wherever I go.

Don't worry James...your not alone as I suffer that also. I call it the Johnny Herbert syndrome Wink
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Vickers Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:59 pm

James Kirk wrote: Was really happy until Spooner left me no room into Graham Hill bend and I was forced wide;

Did the same to me too going into Paddock hill on penultimate lap.

Kris Vickers
Backmarker
Backmarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Pitschmann Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:44 pm

@James: Thats how BTCC is, sometimes youve luck, sometimes not. Wait if you race first time Knockhill.... You love it or you hate it. affraid

What happened in the first season 2012 you can watch in these 3 Highlight videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLKdtQkjvko&list=PLRi1Q3fvtMZgwKzv-CeQAmG6kMSesirbu&index=13
Michael Pitschmann
Michael Pitschmann
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

http://www.team-firestorm.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Barker Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Couldn't get Clearway's right and it cost me 2 tenths every lap, even watched Chris & Rob to see how they were doing it, maybe just a setup thing I guess, Apologies for the stupid move R3 T1 Rob, just totally missed my braking point After Race 4235714485

Tony Barker
Tony Barker
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

http://www.rfactoruk.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Spooner Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:54 pm

Good night and good to see some new competitive faces.

Race 1 was going well. Went from 14th to 5th till unfortunately Chris has some lagging issues and did a Plato into the back of me. Can't be helped though. Maybe he'll return the favor later in the season Razz

Race 2. At the back and had a good race up to 7th beaten only by Chris but I didn't want to take any chances and scored solid points.

Race 3 was going well had some good battles. Still stand by my view that I did nothing wrong with James into Graham Hill, made no contact till James was coming back on to the circuit. Paddock and clearways I was maybe a bit too ambitious and a little bit rusty.

Looking forward to Bathurst for the NGTC World Series next week.
Max Spooner
Max Spooner
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

http://www.quatermassmotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  James Kirk Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:21 pm

I had a cracking battle with you up until that point anyway, Max! Hopefully there will be no controversy next time. Very Happy
James Kirk
James Kirk
Safety car driver
Safety car driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Spooner Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:37 pm

James Kirk wrote:I had a cracking battle with you up until that point anyway, Max! Hopefully there will be no controversy next time. Very Happy

Yes lets vow to keep it clean
Max Spooner
Max Spooner
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

http://www.quatermassmotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Squire Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:46 pm

Fantastic 3 races overall.

Ron Squire
Seasoned campaigner
Seasoned campaigner

Back to top Go down

Post  Djuro Vukasovic Djuka Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:18 am

Excellent race tonight. Congratulations to all. My first racing weekend in WSVR I made a good setup for this track and the qualifications I drove PB 01: 24.5xx and I was 4th. Start first race, the first bends one driver hitting me and I lose one position. later I pass Allington and finishing the race as 4th. good battle with Huhn. The second race an additional 20 kg excellent start, I came to your 3rd place after overtaking a Hunh. Finishing at the PODIUM ( 3rd place ) . Start of the third race with a 6-position and an additional 30 kg. good battle with Manasiev and Kirk. End 5th , great weekend for me, I'll see you at the rallycross
Djuro Vukasovic Djuka
Djuro Vukasovic Djuka
Backmarker
Backmarker

http://www.balkansimracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Vickers Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:23 am

Djuro Vukasovic Djuka wrote:Start first race, the first bends one driver hitting me and I lose one position.

That was me . . Sorry Rolling Eyes

Kris Vickers
Backmarker
Backmarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Djuro Vukasovic Djuka Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:34 am

Its ok Kris Smile , next time dont push that Smile haha
Djuro Vukasovic Djuka
Djuro Vukasovic Djuka
Backmarker
Backmarker

http://www.balkansimracing.com

Back to top Go down

After Race Empty Croft

Post  Adam Rasner Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:25 pm

Q: normal, i had in practice about 30 laps. i havent time.
R1: it was good. Normal racing, sorry MAx you got little bit hit.
R2: on start i had big lags and when i respawn i was after Andy Horton and i hit him. I dont know if had lags only me. But its a problem
Adam Rasner
Adam Rasner
Race crew
Race crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Allington Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:21 pm

Quali - Not bad. 2nd fastest time is very nice Smile

R1 - I had the grid penalty coming Sad Didn't make a great start, hung around behind Matt and Mats for the most part, then went all-out on the last lap and blasted past Matt, really proud of that move! cheers

R2 - Very tough, managed to get past both of the Citroens in the end, so 2nd is brill! cheers

R3 - Turn 1 was madness. Then was unsighted by the smoke from Jim's spin and piled into him Sad Avoided punctures an finished 10th Razz

Matthew Allington
Safety car driver
Safety car driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:51 pm

Single lap pace just wasn't three for me so qual was always going to be a battle especially with 14 drivers within 1 second.

Racepace though was welcome surprise.. really didn't expect to keep up in race 1 but then Mats started to struggle in front, great fight with him and Matt A. Fastest lap too Smile

Car felt great in race 2 as well...was really close through top 10 ...got taken out sadly so dropped to 11th.

Race 3 was bad, launched car over kerbs trying to give Jim room but took him out instead, then spun Dene at Sunny in as I wasn't ready for him to brake early. Car was bent so retired it.

Great racing throughout the field though.
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Horton Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:24 am

sorry less chatty than usual on TS tonight, been ill since Christmas cant seem to shake it & feelin generally run down at mo hence havin missed the last couple weeks.

Had a not bad prac & qual but only did a few laps in each.

Generally had good starts in all the races beating the guys around me off the line, then it went downhill from there. race 3 was the best start 12th to 7th then running ok until the hairpin curb decided to roll me over. in the amount of time it took to safely rejoin I'd lost too much ground, the car was fine so chased for a couple of laps but then decided to just trundle to the end making sure I stayed out of the way.

The great start to the season by Kitty Litter Racing has gone a bit wrong Sad
Andy Horton
Andy Horton
Seasoned campaigner
Seasoned campaigner

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Hinss Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:32 am

Well for me it was an good round, solid points and fun racing Smile

Q: 8th but with grid penalties was happy with 6th.

R1: Well was for the most part a good race, lacked a bit of race pace so dropped off the leading half dozen, was sitting at the bottom end of the ten. Unfortunately had an incident with James, lead to contact and us both dropping a few positions. I already have but I will apologise again for the incident. Either way, dropped back a couple of spots and brought it home 10th.

R2: Well this one was a lot of fun Smile. The Bell train was well and truly on for this race, with the top 11 cars being so close. I was at the back of the pack in 11th, decided to just be patient and see if anything happened. Hung off the back until Kris went on two wheels at the last turn so got past him. With a few people having spins I got up to 8th, with Kris closing. Last few laps we had a really good battle, like to thank Kris for it, was a lot of fun and also very clean Smile. In the end he managed to get by me so brought it home 9th, a good result Smile

R3: Reverse grid pole! Off the line was very average, losing a spot before turn one. In terms of the incident which lead to the chaos at turn one, I think it was a racing incident. We just tried to fit too many cars into turn one and I ended up spinning. Sorry for the guys behind who had to try and dodge the resulting obstacle, just one of those racing incidents that happen can happen I think. Anyway dropped back to 12th and thankfully had no major damage. Kept it on the straight and narrow and started climbing back through the field with people having spins and incidents, as well as managing to get by a couple of people. Was in 8th until Matt got by in the later stages of the race. Then with a couple to go the two guys ahead of me went off, gifting me 7th. Considering where I was early in the race I was happy to get a 7th from the race Smile.

In summary, it was a very fun round for me Smile. Had some great battles and very much enjoyed the racing Smile. Shame the reverse grid didn't pan out as planned and the incident with James in race one happened, but such is the way of things. Look forward to seeing you all at Knockhill Smile

Thomas Hinss
Race crew
Race crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Bell Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:21 am

Actually put in some pre-event testing this time Smile

Found some pretty nice pace on raceday, and took Pole. Spent the opening lap(s) of races 1 and 2 trying to Pass Daniel because I'm bad at starting these cars, then just tried to control the pace.

Race 3 Starting 9th with again a poor start, saw what Chris was doing and tried to follow him, gave Daniel a tap and he went around, sorry Sad From then it was just a case of trying to close the gap, Passed Kris with a move into the hairpin on lap 2, then I guess I suprised Kirk with a very similar move on lap 8, then just began pushing to catch Roy and Chris but the car just stopped doing what I wanted it too, I guess the weight and damage caught up with me so came home 3rd.

On the whole it was a great event, and hopefully the start of a return to WSVR from me, and with my first BTCC win since (i think) Snetterton in 2012b, not a bad way to go Smile
Mike Bell
Mike Bell
Race crew
Race crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:56 am

Looked like some good racing from all but I did not get to see much of it.

Q: Pretty naff, used the same setup as was used last time at croft which worked very well and just could not put down a good time even with tweaks, was consistently 1 and a half or more seconds of the pace. Though this is usually what happens during qually.

R1: Decent start, battle well with both russels until on lap 3 or 4 I go wide and give christian a nudge unintentionally, ended up putting it into the barrier 2 turns later writing off that race, ran until the end of race to get some extra practice laps in.

R2: Uneventful, force feedback fails on wheel, modifying the set-up does not help, cross the line far back.

R3: Same as R2.

2 outings so far and both have not gone well. Considering last time at this track I did fantastic for my standards I cannot seem to nail down what has changed.

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Hahn Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:17 pm

q: nailed the first lap could not improve P2 more than expected

r1: jumped to P1 prior to Turn 1, but mike just to strong at corner entrys, after he overtook me, following was pretty easy but attacking not possible with my setup. had my best try in the last lap but would have needed another half a lenght of the car to pass.

r2: again good start could hold mike back a little longer but still suffering during wheel to wheel racing, minor mistake in the last corner had me to look behind and fight off allington.
miscounted the laps and went of the throttle after the seconde to last lap, lost P2 and 3 to Allington and Chris E, well Chris decided to let me through again, possibly to avoid a heavy load. P3 somewhat lucky but still okay.

r3: last after first corner pile up, p8 in the end

D. Hahn
Backmarker
Backmarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next