World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction and more

2 posters

Go down

Introduction and more Empty Introduction and more

Post  Steven Andrew Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:41 am

Hello Gents and Ladies
I couldn't really find a relevant place to post this as I am new and still feeling my way around the forum.
I found out about your community by reading a WIP thread on the ISI forum that got me excited, The eventual migration over to rF2 and the mod you are working on. Everything here ticks the boxes for me and I am excited to be here now in anticipation of running in some events with you guys.

A little about me
I am 41 originally from Manchester UK but residing in Paphos Cyprus for the last 11 years, a Mechanical Engineer by trade but now I install swimming pools, work in drainage/sewerage and generally get work when and where I can.

My Sim Career
Started many years ago with some stuff on PS1 then through my brother discovered rF1 and GTR2. Joined a now disbanded club and league raced in mostly Tintops/GT/Touring. Became senior moderator at another club, but a clash of ideas and personalities pushed me into starting looking around for another place to race, Here I am  Laughing
I have almost every Pc title from the last 10 or so years but I 95% exclusively run rF2 now and I am an internal tester with ISI ( greater things are coming )
I do a little amateur track modding that has been a big learning process and I am quite proud of my last track and it seems to have gone down very well with the community, judging by the feedback.
I also run a popular rF2 fanpage on Facebook that basically posts news/reviews/mods and tracks and screenshots etc. Its a great place to go to find some tracks not readily available due to permissions etc.

The Future
I am having a nosey around the forum and looking forwards to taking part in some rF2 events. Not sure what you have planned and a few pointers would be appreciated, I have no probs coming in TS and enjoy a lot of banter pre race sessions. I would like to get involved in any way I can helping bring the BTCC tracks to rF2 as I desperately miss Oulton Park, so let me know if I can assist.

Once I am permitted to post external links I will give the link to my Cadwell Park track but in the meantime check it out on my page.

See you on track soon Smile
Steven Andrew
Steven Andrew
Safety car driver
Safety car driver

https://www.facebook.com/simracingforlife

Back to top Go down

Introduction and more Empty Re: Introduction and more

Post  Matt Lewis Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:15 am

Thanks for the detailed intro Steven, great to have you with us. No doubt you've had chance to look around now, you'll see that were a pretty solid community many with a similar background except for the living somewhere warm and sunny part Wink Were always open to new members wishing to be part of what we do.

Alan Mead is our track man, he's worked on converting a lot of tracks although I know with some frustrations. If you'd like to join the mod team and help out you'd be most welcome, send me and Alan a PM

Our plan for RF2 is to switch from 2015. It may be Civics only for starters on as many BTCC tracks as are available. We will be having some RF2 races though more through the end of this year, probably on Sunday evenings. In the meantime if you don't mind firing RF1 back up, your welcome to join our RF1 events for C licence.
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven Andrew Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:11 am

Ok Pm sent. I have dusted rF1 off and I think I have installed the content needed to join the servers. As I understand it I can go into practice sessions and leave in time for the serious business of qually and races.
I will try and have an outing very soon.
Sunday events in rF2 sound very good and I will be around for those 100% of the time.
Steven Andrew
Steven Andrew
Safety car driver
Safety car driver

https://www.facebook.com/simracingforlife

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down