World Series Virtual Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racing rig

2 posters

Go down

Racing rig Empty Racing rig

Post  Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:18 pm

Dont no if im putting this in the right place looking to get the logitech g27 soon was thinking of ways to mount it, then my dad convinced me to make a full on rig (didnt take much) looking for plans and found thisRicmotech RS-1 Sim Racing Rig works out to be around £30 for the plans what are your thoughts on this? thanks zack

Back to top Go down

Racing rig Empty Re: Racing rig

Post  Matt Lewis Tue May 13, 2014 10:28 pm

My rig is a highly complex combination of only the finest Swedish flatpack furniture and chairs. Of course lack of desk adjust-ability, occasional slippage of pedals on laminate floor and rearward rolling of office chair under heavy braking does highlight some design flaws Wink

plenty of cheap DIY build examples if you google DIY sim rig. If i had space, i might try but for now the study desk and chair will do.
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris English Tue May 13, 2014 10:32 pm

Looks good Zack. My only suggestion is not to invert the pedals. I inverted mine at one point and didn't like the feel at all, there's much more control with them floor mounted I feel, probably because they pivot the same way as your foot. Smile

I've got a WheelStand Pro which for less than £100 is a bargain! http://www.wheelstandpro.com/products/wheel-stand-pro-for-porsche-gt3-csr-csp-wheels---deluxe

If you've got the knowledge and confidence though definitely go for a self build rig like that! I'd go for something more permanent but I rent my house and have a habit of moving at least once a year at the minute so something like that wouldn't work for me currently. When I come around to buying my own house I will make sure it has man cave space for a decent racing rig. Wink

Chris English
Racing Legend
Racing Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Tue May 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Chris English wrote:When I come around to buying my own house I will make sure it has man cave space for a decent racing rig. Wink

And high speed internet?  Razz 
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 14, 2014 7:10 pm

yer I think im guna go with that 1 it helps my old mans a chippy lol so will get him to do it thanks for the info on the pedals Chris was looking to reverse mount mite just fit them as they come then going to fill it on castors so can store it in another room out the way lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:39 pm

finaly finished the rig well its in 1 piece lol

Racing rig Rig10

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Lewis Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:06 pm

looks good Zack although you need a big ass monitor now Wink
Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:21 pm

1 step at a time i do need to convince the misses first lol want to go 3 screens in the end lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down